I, along with thousands of people, tried to buy tickets for the Olympics this past Saturday. I too, along with thousands of people, became frustratingly disappointed when the the system crashed, unable to handle the traffic of anxious ticket-buyers. It was almost fours hours of hitting re-load until VANOC announced that the system had failed and that the tickets would go on sale again next Saturday.
- I shouldn’t get angry, how was VANOC to know that so many people would want to go to the event that they have been planning for eight years?
- I think the Olympics would be more exciting, if The Amazing Race’s Phil Keoghan was at the finish line of the Speed Skating races.
- What Canadian collector’s item am I going to bring to trade with foreigners? Pins? Beavers? Being Erica DVDs?
- What is like to practice the skeleton/bobsled/luge for the first time?
- I really wish McDonalds wasn’t the corporate sponsor, I’ve been craving a BigMac for three hours and I don’t dare leave my computer.
- It’s okay if I bring my laptop into the bathroom right?