When is the last time you watched and really loved a Canadian movie?
It has probably a while, right?
Well that is all going to change!
I just saw the trailer for the brand new Score: A Hockey Musical and I couldn’t be more excited! Seriously, you are reading this right now thinking I’m being sarcastic or that someone paid me to be so excited, but neither of those are true. It really looks like a great Canadian film.
Let’s consult the Great Movie Checklist to be sure:
- Hockey teams singing and dancing. (check).
- Nelly Furtado. (check)
- The use of the word dick-face. (check)
- Olivia Newton John not being as annoying as she was in Glee. (check)
- Hawksley Workman and/or George Stroumboulopoulos doing anything. (check)
- Obligartory Sidney Crosby joke. (check)
I don’t want to wish away the summer, but can it please be October 22nd already!?
Props to the movie for making an entire Canadian production without featuring a single cast-member from any of the Degrassi. That in itself is impressive.
Will this finally get you to go to the movies and see a Canadian movie?