When is the last time you watched and really loved a Canadian movie?
It has probably a while, right?
Well that is all going to change!
I just saw the trailer for the brand new Score: A Hockey Musical and I couldn’t be more excited! Â Seriously, you are reading this right now thinking I’m being sarcastic or that someone paid me to be so excited, but neither of those are true. Â It really looks like a great Canadian film.
Let’s consult the Great Movie Checklist to be sure:
- Hockey teams singing and dancing. (check).
- Nelly Furtado. (check)
- The use of the word dick-face. (check)
- Olivia Newton John not being as annoying as she was in Glee. (check)
- Hawksley Workman and/or George StroumboulopoulosÂ doing anything. (check)
- Obligartory Sidney Crosby joke. (check)
I don’t want to wish away the summer, but can it please be October 22nd already!?
Props to the movie for making an entire Canadian production without featuring a single cast-member from any of the Degrassi. That in itself is impressive.
Will this finally get you to go to the movies and see a Canadian movie?