You know summer is right around the corner when Cowboys, Calgary’s most famous bar, announces that they are hiring for Stampede.Â For those not familiar with Cowboys, it’s essentially the be all and end all of Stampede Parties.Â That seems to mean different things for different people.Â The bar itself hasn’t actually existed for a few years, but instead has popped up in different incarnations around the Stampede grounds.
This year, Cowboys will actually have it’s home directly on the grounds, thus ensuring young children walking by will be exposed to things only seen on Showcase after 1opm on Friday nights.
Earlier today, Cowboys announced that they would be hiring 500 people to work during the Calgary Stampede!Â That’s a whole lot of staff, so I did some investigating to see what exactly they needed so many people for. After some digging around, I found some rather interesting job postings:
1) Puke Sweeper: This is especially gross because I thought people mopped up puke. How do you sweep puke?
2) Drink Supervisor: Makes sure that if no one is putting something in your drink, someone will.
3) Daycare Manager: When your kids get sick of you doing body shots, I guess you’ll be able to bring them to a daycare.
4) ID checker: Haha. Yeah right.
5) Tramp Stamper: Out of all the jobs, this one makes the most sense.
I’m still waiting for word on benefits, but it’s safe to assume that vaccines, STD tests and boob jobs will all be taken care of.
Happy Stampede everyone!
Oh and just for fun, here’s a hilarious video from the short-lived Cowboys reality show, it’s become a favourite in the Bloggity household.