Can you believe it’s been twenty years since Riverdance first broke out into the world? And not only did it break out, it sorta took the world over!
Since the show premiered….
– There have been 11,000 performances of “Riverdance”
– It has been seen by over 25 million people in over 465 venues worldwide
– Its played in 46 countries across six continents
– The show has travelled 700,000 miles (or to the moon and back and back again!)
– 14,000 dance shoes used
– 12,000 costumes worn
– 200,000 gallons of water consumed
– 39 marriages between company members
– 20,000 cumulative years of study in step-dancing by Irish dancers stage
Whoa. That’s crazy. And now that the show is coming back to Calgary for their 20th Anniversary World Tour, this is your chance to see the show like never before!
Drawing on Irish traditions, the combined talents of the performers propel Irish dancing and music into the present day, capturing the imagination of audiences across all ages and cultures in an innovative and exciting blend of dance, music and song.
The 20th Anniversary World Tour is composed by Bill Whelan, produced by Moya Doherty and directed by John McColgan, and comes directly to North America from a sold out run across Europe and Asia.
The show is coming to Calgary for only five shows (October 9th-11th) and I know that the tickets will go fast! So make sure you get your chance to see the show, there is a special presale that starts tomorrow (August 21) until August 23rd.