Can I just tell you how much I love guest bloggers?Â Believe it or not, we bloggers rarely get a day off.Â So if I can get someone as cool as 18 to Life‘s Stacey Farber to fill in for me, well there’s just nothing wrong with that!
Since she did such a bang up job last time, I thought it would be great to have Farber come back and let us know what’s topping her Favourite Things list for this week! The newly addicted to Lost actress fills us in some of our favourite restaurants, tries to make Toronto Maple Leafs sound cool and for the second week in a row, schools me in the world of make-up.
1) â€œLostâ€, again. Last week was season three, this week is season four. I canâ€™t wait to kick this habit. I expect Iâ€™ll have viewed the entire series by March.
2) Le Gourmand, near Queen and Spadina, is one of my favourite coffee shops in Toronto because itâ€™s cozy even on wintry weekdays. You canâ€™t go wrong ordering their lunchtime sandwiches (proscuitto and brie!), salads (three bean!) or soups (carrot ginger!). For breakfast, I get a big bowl of yogurt and granola, and a large cappuccino. Donâ€™t even get me started on their gourmet cookies (peanut butter!).
3) Luxale– This week, I spent a couple of nights in Montreal to re-record some sound bites for an upcoming episode of â€œ18 to Life.â€ During my stay, I was lucky enough to experience a night on the town coordinated by Montrealâ€™s hippest concierge service, Luxale. The host, Dara Gallinger, organized a whirlwind evening on our behalf that included a group dinner on Notre Dame, a booth at the W hotel, and a private SUV for the nightâ€”it was flawless.
(photo via yelp)
4) Black Hoof– I checked out Torontoâ€™s infamous Black Hoof restaurant for my first time this week with two people who frequent the placeâ€”the creators and writers of â€œ18 to Life,â€ Karen and Derek. We shared each dish and I dared to join them in eating beef heart, beef tongue, and pig cheek! It was the most intimidating meal Iâ€™ve ever had, but I have to admit, it was one of the most delicious, too.
5) â€œBlue Valentineâ€- My friend Erin and I went to see â€œBlue Valentineâ€ starring Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams. Both she and I found the film crushingly depressing, but we loved it anyway. See it without your significant other.
6) Minerologie Makeup– This week, Iâ€™m using a new mineral foundation by Mineralogie. The loose powder comes in a plastic tube that has a natural, dispensing brush attached to it, which makes the makeup very easy to apply. And the all-in-one packaging is not only convenient– itâ€™s clean! The hygienic applicator (the brush pops out of a plastic lid, instead of simply collecting dirt in your purse), the great coverage it provides, and the fact that it has an SPF of 26, makes this is a product worth trying.
7) The Toronto Maple Leafs– My boyfriend and I went to our first hockey game of the season and got to see Ovechkin and the Washington Capitols play at the ACC. We cheered on the Leafs and enjoyed our beers, but were bummed that we didnâ€™t make the Jumbotronâ€™s â€œKiss Cam.â€
8. Ipad– My boyfriendâ€™s Ipad has made weekends indoors even more enjoyable. We rent Woody Allen movies, kill angry birds, and play Scrabble on it. Oh, and we can order food online, so there really is no reason to leave the house when itâ€™s minus 20 outside.
9) Pomegranate Seeds– They look like precious jewels and theyâ€™re exceptionally flavourful. When I crave a sugary snack, I now opt for spoonfuls of pomegranate seeds and feel better knowing they come from a â€œsuper fruitâ€ that is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants.
10) Costco– As far as Iâ€™m concerned, Iâ€™ve joined the coolest club in Canada. Sunday shopping at Costco was magical and Iâ€™m not even worried about how or when Iâ€™ll use 120 industrial size Ziploc bags.
Make sure you check out Stacey and co-star Michael Seater tonight on CBCâ€™s 18 to Life!
Enjoyed examining this, very good stuff, thanks.
After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.
Comments are closed.