This week, the touring production of Book of Mormon comes to Calgary, show so popular it took less time to sell out then it did for you to read this sentence. Basically since the show opened back in 2011, it’s been selling out. Tickets to the New York production still go for more than $300! When it opened, the show won nine Tony Awards, including Best Musical and people can’t get enough of it! Honestly, I don’t know much about this show, but it’s fascinating to see a musical remain so popular with so many different types of people. Entertainment Weekly (ie: my bible) called it “the funniest musical of all time!”
Like on Broadway, the Broadway Across Canada production will offer a lottery for some lucky people to get tickets to the show at the Southern Alberta Jubilee. If you’ve never participated in a lottery for tickets, it’s relatively new Broadway tradition, but it allows people to potentially see a sold out show, for a fraction of the price.
So here’s what you need to know:
- Lottery tickets are only $25 apiece.
- Tickets must be purchased with cash. There are ATMs in the lobby.
- Entries for the lottery will be accepted 2 hours and 30 minutes prior to each performance.
- Only one entry is allowed per person.
- Each person will print their name and the number of tickets (1 or 2) they wish to purchase on a card that is provided.
- The winners drawn 2 hours before the curtain rises at 8:00pm.
- Winners must be present at the time of the drawing and show valid ID to purchase tickets.
- The lottery will be held in the Main Lobby of the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, located next to the Box Office.
- Limit one entry per person and two tickets availability.
- If you don’t win tickets, try again. The show has eight performances in Calgary.
The Calgary dates are:
TUESDAY (MARCH 31st) 8:00PM
WEDNESDAY (APRIL 1ST) 8:00PM
THURSDAY (APRIL 2ND) 8:00PM
FRIDAY (APRIL 3RD) 8:00PM
SATURDAY (APRIL 4TH) 2:00PM and 8:00PM
SUNDAY (APRIL 5TH) 2:00PM and 7:30PM