If you were to ask me what is my favourite four days of the year in Calgary, I would always 100% say Calgary Folk Music Festival. And no, I’m not just saying that because they’ve given me a sweet prize to give away.
I’ve only been going to the Calgary Folk Music Festival for about four or five years, but I’ve become completely enamoured. If you’ve never been, you’re probably wondering what’s to love? Well, here’s some reasons that immediately come to mind:
- The awesome beer gardens
- The eight stages spread across Prince’s Island Park and Eau Claire
- The food. So much food. I cannot wait for the food.
- I said the beer gardens already, didn’t I?
- Discovering new music, including in past year’s Dan Mangan and Lindi Ortega, both of whom I’ve become full on obsessed with.
The line up for this year’s 35th Calgary Folk Music Festival is sure to please it’s avid attendees, it includes: Hey Rosetta! Valerie June, Andrew Bird & the Hands of Glory, Rufus Wainwright, Amos Lee, Fishbone, Patty Griffin, Bruce Cockburn, HYDRA, The Jayhawks and Matt Andersen and the Mellotones. You can check out the line up on their website and use their handy app to make yourself a tailored schedule.
This year’s Calgary Folk Music Festival runs from July 24 – 27 and if you’ve always wanted to go, this is your chance!
I’m giving away two four-day adult flex passes! Basically, it’s a pass to enjoy all four days of music and food! The passes are worth $215 each!
To be entered, all you have to do is visit the Calgary Folk Music Festival site and then leave a comment telling me which artist you’re most excited to see!
- Only one entry person.
- You have to promise to not be one of those people who brings their tarps and take up all the good spots. (Kidding! I can’t actually make that a rule…although I wish I could.)
- Contest closes on July 3rd.